It’s a tradition: at the end of every year, people look inside themselves to find the things they’d like to change, accomplish or improve upon. They then create a list of resolutions as a guide to how they’d like to ideally live in the coming year — and hopefully adhere to them. So, we thought it would be fun to compile a list of our resolutions as designers.
In 2014, we resolve to...
1. not use the typeface Gotham in every project.
2. come to terms with the fact that Comic Sans does have a place in the world.
3. stop awkwardly caressing interesting papers in public.
4. draw more.
5. do better and smarter work than in the years past.
6. kern confidently (and consistently).
7. continue learning and honing our craft.
8. eat less candy at our desks. (Yeah, right.)
9. keep our work space clean.
We hope 2013 was the best year of your lives and that 2014 will be even bester.
10. (oh and last but not least... always run spell check.)
— Wes Phelan, Designer